CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
You can breast feed and Work! Ever have trouble breast or bottle feeding? How about the transition from one to the other?

YOU'RE NOT ALONE.

This blog is an opportunity for you to share your thoughts, stories, successes, and even your failed attempts at this transitioning game. Your thoughts are important to mom's all across the world who are in the same boat as you.

Thursday, December 1, 2011

The workplace and Breast feeding.

When working moms can continue breastfeeding, its a winning situation for all involved! (Babies have fewer illnesses, mothers have fewer days off to care for their infants, and companies benefit as well)


But How do you do this? And Have you even thought about how your going to transition your baby from breast to bottle effectively and before your maternity leave runs out! This issue is near and dear to many moms, especially when our little bundles of joy don't take kindly to a bottle. As the population of mom's in the workplace increase, this issue is also on the rise. 
I personally had a 8 week battle with my son before he would even consider a bottle. My family spent so much money on different types of bottles and nipples nothing worked.


This blog will address everything from the good to the bad about breastfeeding and the transition to the bottle.
GOOD LUCK ~ Feel free to comment and submit experiences the more moms that pitch in to help, the better!





4 comments:

  1. Hi Nicole, thanks for the blog invite. I can't wait to read about going from Breast feeding to bottles. Also, I am now taking orders for hats! Let me know if you want any. I can do any colors and sizes.
    xo Sue :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi- I have a 12 week old lo and going back to work in 4 weeks and he refuses the bottle (he has taken them before). I have tried everyday for the past week and we both end up in tears. Looking forward to advice, support, etc as we figure this out. What do I do if he never takes the bottle?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Nicole,thank you for inviting me to share my experience on your blog.
    I just went back to work 2 weeks ago after a 3 month maternity leave.I have a 3 month old son Zachary. We put him in daycare and the first week he would not take a bottle from his teachers.I had to leave work every two hours to go feed him. Thank goodness I work 2 minutes away from the daycare and that my boss is very understanding!It was pretty difficult to get into the swing of things and stay focused the first week at work, just kept worrying about my son not wanting to take the bottle and how I was going to manage having to leave work every two hours. The rest of the week(I work 3 days a week)we practiced giving him bottles every day and prayed the next week at daycare he would take it just fine.
    Well it worked! The next week he was great and has been taking the bottle with no problems!!What a relief! So this week I could finally concentrate on work!!
    I do what Nicole does, I pump in the morning at 6am but I pump before i feed him. Its the only time I can get 5 or 6oz's. The rest of the day I only get 2 to 4oz's.
    So mom's dont give up! Just keep trying and eventually your baby will take the bottle!!
    And keep pumping! It does take a lot of effort to pump and store up a good milk supply for your baby but its so worth it because it is so good for them!!Good luck to all the moms out there!
    Lisa Marie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the shout out to the mamas who aren't able to breastfeed. I did this with my son and it was wonderful. We could bond and be close during feedings or be on the move while eating instead of parked on a bench for 15 minutes :)

    ReplyDelete